Size and Plots
- Springvale covers 58ha which is the same size as similar lifestyle estates but on average a third of the number of houses.
- There will be 121 homes and possibly a small 25 unit townhouse development in five years’ time.
- Plot sizes vary, the smallest is 2000m2 and the single largest is 4810m2.
- The average plot size is 2600m2.
- Currently there are 100 plots left.
Pricing and Sales
- We are selling at launch prices which average R750/m2, which is less than half of what is charged at other similar lifestyle estates.
- A deposit of 10% is required and the conveyancers will call for guarantees for the balance after three weeks.
- Stuart is available (0721762971) to conduct private tours of Springvale or call 0325255732 to arrange an appointment.
- Springvale will be surrounded by a 2m high wall with 6 strands of electrical fencing on top.
- Top level security cameras and fence alarms will be installed and linked to the guardhouse.
- The guard house will be manned 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- As part of the greater security precinct including all of Seaton, license plate recognition security cameras will be installed on district roads.
- The developers of the Elaleni Lifestyle Estate have committed to tar the gravel road from the Brettenwood intersection to their entrance – about 1 km. Likewise the Seaton developers will tar from the Elaleni Lifestyle entrance to the entrance to Club Seaton (the equestrian estate) and Springvale will tar from there to our entrance.
- We understand that Seaton will be launching an exclusive Estate to be called Seaton Bay in April. In order to give easy access to this property Seaton have offered to build new on and off ramps on the Durban side of the existing bridge over the N2. We are told that work will begin in the second half of this year.
- A return to the spacious homes of the past, ideal for young families with space to play games on the lawn.
- Natural style living with chickens, ducks and veggie gardens encouraged.
- Houses blend with nature but do not dominate it.
- Only single-storey houses are allowed with low walls.
- The architectural code is aimed at traditional or modern farm style homes.
- There is a minimum of 10m between houses.
- Live-in staff are welcome and accommodation for them can be added.
- Granny flats may be built but not exceeding 2 bedrooms and 90m² in size.
- A network of walking and biking trails and a 2km pathway will allow for easy access between homes.
- It will be safe for children to walk and visit their friends or the clubhouse.
- Rainwater harvesting is required in terms of our environmental approval. Garden ponds may also be used to attenuate rainwater.
- Residents are encouraged to install solar hot water systems and gas stoves.
- There will not be many rules, just do not spoil things for your neighbours.
- The main roads will be 5m wide and tarred. Minor roads will consist of twin concrete strips like those at Elaleni.
- There are wide road reserves on both sides of the road which will become lovely avenues.
- A 1200mm wide pedestrian pathway will run beside all the tar roads.
We hope to get our final Government approvals in April. If so then:
- Servicing will begin in May. Servicing Tenders will be issued in before the end of March.
- We hope the first transfers will be in October which will allow construction of the first houses to begin in January 2021.
- The Clubhouse, gatehouse and sales office and full security system will be completed before the first homes are occupied.
- A 1200 mm wide pedestrian pathway will be run beside all main roads.
- Pet friendly with up to 4 dogs of any size.
- No more than 2 cats.
- Chickens and ducks welcome but not roosters please.
- Unusual pets may be approved by the homeowner’s association (HOA).
- As there are already buck on the property, dogs should be walked on leashes. There will be two dog parks (one for small dogs), where dogs can run freely and mix with other dogs.
- We hope to reintroduce other buck species.
- No cows, sheep, pigs or goats.
- Lovely 200 m2 self- service clubhouse with big screen. The Clubhouse will face Island dam with wrap around shaded verandas on three sides.
- Tennis court
- Adult swimming pool
- Kiddies play area and splash pool
- 50 x 30 m grassed play area for ball games
- Outdoor shaded entertainment area near the dam with gas braais and pizza oven
- Fishing in the dam.
- The landscape architect is Lucas Uys. He is one of SA’s top experts and designed the landscapes at Elaleni and Val de Vie which was voted SA’s best estate.
- The landscaping code stipulates indigenous trees and shrubs outside the building platform.
- Homeowners are welcome to plant exotic flowers and shrubs within building platforms as long as exotic plants do not exceed 30% of the planting palette.
- Homeowners are welcome to begin landscaping their plots immediately after signing their sales agreements. This will mean that screening boundary trees can be more than 3m high when homeowners move into their houses.